[mythtv] MythMusic maintainer?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 2 12:30:30 EDT 2003

On Thursday 02 October 2003 08:36 am, Edward Wildgoose wrote:
> > you get a delay.  I'm talking in the vicinity of 10-20 seconds for my
> > playlist of over 4000 songs, which is not too bad, but we can do better
I'm
> > sure.
>
> Hmm, that 200-400 inserts per second... That seems pretty slow to me.  I
would suggest that there are other problems afoot here as well?

> What happens if you tweak the code to NOT actually insert items into the
tree control at all, this would then measure all the loading time from the
DB, etc.  Just to be sure that there isn't a significant delay somewhere else

Now that would be interesting... I'll give that a try as soon as I get a
chance.

-JAC