[mythtv] CLE266 Decoder Segment Fault

Michael Greb mikegrb at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 4 00:31:22 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 08:16:22PM -0700, locnho wrote:
> The way I got it to work was to enable the user "mythtv" to do "sudo" in
> /etc/sudoer and then create a script file to launch mythfrontend with:
>
> echo <password> | sudo -S mythfrontend
>
> Loc

Getting off topic but it would be much more secure to set it so sudo'ing
mythfrontend doesn't require a password rather then placing the users
password in the shell script, that would also allow you to run the shell
script as any user... not that it is very likely to be done with
mythfrontend.

Michael