[mythtv] Patch for 4:3 zoom on 16:9 broadcasts of 4:3

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sat Oct 4 14:21:35 EDT 2003

On Saturday 04 October 2003 05:00 am, Christian Hack wrote:
> This patch provides an extra zoom mode to take the centre 4:3 section out
> of a 16:9. It's against CVS of about Monday. Hope I've done it right Isaac.

Yup, perfectly right.

> One problem is that the zoom causes part of the OSD to fall off the screen.
> Is there some way to scale the OSD back such that it remains independent of
> the zoom? I had a look at the OSD code but couldn't see an easy way.

Probably will need to re-init the OSD class with the new numbers.  In
NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp, the ToggleLetterbox function, you should probably need
to do something very similar to NuppelVideoPlayer::ReinitVideo(), but without
the call to videoOutput->InputChanged() and ClearAfterSeek().

I'll get this patch applied shortly, thanks =)

Isaac