[mythtv] RE: [mythtv-users] TV problem with PAL and SECAM

Yannick ml.mythtv at free.fr
Tue Oct 7 00:15:40 EDT 2003

> Why not write a script that uses v4lctl to change the channel & set
> the appropriate reception norm, and specify it as an external
> channel change script in mythtv-setup?  This would 'fool' Myth into
> thinking you had an external set-top box tuning your channels; Myth
> would never try to tune the card directly, but instead rely on the script.
>
> -JAC

 It doesn't work.

 I've tried two things:

 v4ctl setchannel 21 in another windows.

 --> It complains that there's a conflict. Sounds logical...

 I've added an external script then, called debug.sh

 #!/bin/sh

 /usr/bin/v4lctl setchannel $1  >> ~/debug.log

 ---> I can't change channel anymore now, and debug.sh does nothing...
 I can only get the channel number ($1)...

 I had a look inside the code, but I can't figure if there's something missing
(-> Change norm, according to channel norm) or if the code is here, but not
working...

 Can someone give some clues ?

 I'd like to add something like SetNorm for a given channel but that's really
a pain when you've never coded any cpp in your life ;)

 Bye !