[mythtv] MythPopupBox losing focus

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Tue Oct 7 21:49:13 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 09:31 am, Philippe C.Cattin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planing to use MythPopupBox for a popupmenu in mythbrowser to add
> functionality (Back, NextTab, Mouse Emulation Mode, Save Link in
> Bookmarks...) to the browser without wasting additional keys. However, I
> noticed that the popupbox sometimes loses focus and returns it to its
> parent! Below you find a short example to explain the problem in more
> detail:
<snip>
> I checked-out MythPopupBox source code but couldn't find the problem.
> any hints?

The best thing to do would be to have MythPopupBox (or MythDialog, really)
make its own focusNextPrevChild() method to override the default QWidget one.
That way, it can restrict focus to the popup box's own children, and not pass
the decision of what to move focus to up the widget tree.  I'll look into
doing this if no one else manages to get to it by the weekend.

Isaac