[mythtv] Re: transcoding mpeg2 -> mpeg2

Thu Oct 9 10:24:03 EDT 2003

> The one DVB clip I've seen from back when it first started working, I wasn't
> getting any timestamps at all back from libavformat/libavcodec, so it was
> essentially just guessing what they were in the mythtv part of the code.  So,
> yeah, probably someplace to look first.

That was me. I think back then the DVB driver was actually broken and didn't supply timestamps in the decoded output.  I haven't looked, but my understanding is that a patch which went in just a few days after I sent you that stream fixed this.  (people with mplayer started reporting better results anyway...)

I think there is probably something still rather stuffed with the mpeg stream though...

Thanks

Ed W