[mythtv] in-the-clear email addresses on web archives?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Oct 10 00:19:27 EDT 2003

hmm, sorry about that last one, it looks like I may have accidentally
sent a copy of this message before I was finished.

---

Like most people (especially those who own a domain name or 6), I get a
lot of spam every day.  Anyway, since I use a specific address for
lists, I can tell that the spammer got my address from some web
archive.  And since the address was addressed as from:

Geoffrey Hausheer <ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com>

I can be pretty sure that the spammer spidered one of the myth lists.
Although I like getting email from Geoff (since he's been great about
making mythtranscode friendly to svcd exports and commercial cutting),
something tells me that he wasn't really trying to sell me some good
mortgage rates.

Anyway, I know that the damage has been done, but is there *any* way to
set up those archives so they obscure email addresses?

-Chris