[mythtv] MythTV: Windows frontend

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 13:22:35 EDT 2003

The short answer(s):

In my opinion, simply being able to play recorded
programs
from a windows machine (selected via mythweb or
otherwise),
by accessing the files on a mounted drive, would be
enough
for some users.  If you have a PVR-250, the mpeg2
files
should play (just associate .nuv with the player of
your
choice).  If not, myth's .nuv files won't play.
There's
been no mention on the list for some time now of a
DirectShow filter to play myth .nuv files natively.

An option that might be easily coded is to look at
Chris
Petersen's nuvexport, which will convert any Myth file
to vcd mpeg, svcd mpeg, divx, or just move it to a new
location and delete it from the database.  A similar
script run in a cron job could convert all new
recordings
to a standard format like divx.  Options might be to
just leave the converted file in a chosen place,
delete
the original and register the file with MythVideo,
etc.
With a little more coding, perhaps this kind of
capability
would be an alternative or option to the transcoder.
Some
of these ideas are contrary to the orginal MythBox
notion.

*****E-Mail Confidentiality Notice*****
information intended for a
specific individual(s) and purpose that may be
privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to
applicable law.  Any
inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the
message is strictly
prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil
penalty.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please reply to
the sender indicating
this error and delete the transmission from your
system immediately.