[mythtv] port of denoise3d to MythTV

Andrew Mahone andrewmahone at eml.cc
Sat Oct 11 09:51:44 EDT 2003

My port of mplayer's denoise3d filter to MythTV is done, and works great,
although it uses a fair amount of CPU.  As I added a directory, it was easier
to just tar everything added or changed.  The bzipped tarball is at:
http://chshrcat.homelinux.net/~chshrcat/public/mythtv-denoise3d.tar.bz2

It works with my previous patch, the options accepted are the same as for the
float value for the luma, chroma, and temporal filter strengths.  If the
options patch is not used, or no options are passed, the default 4:3:6 is
used.  Higher settings will cause more blurring and ghosting, the defaults
generally do a good job of reducing noise without introducing too many
visible artefacts.

I could use a little help optimizing, this is the first I've worked in C in a
while, and I've never dealt with SIMD...  comments from anyone who'd care to
take a look are welcome.