[mythtv] Request - disable screensaver

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Sat Oct 18 11:51:23 EDT 2003

On Saturday 18 October 2003 00:41, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> I'm not sure it's as simple as that... while it will enable the
> screensaver, I think there might still be a problem.  In my experience
> before I disabled the screensaver, if the screensaver kicked in while I was
> watching something, taking actions with my LIRC remote didn't clear the
> screensaver; I needed to plug in a real keyboard or mouse to get it to

I believe this can be easily worked around by running irxevent and setting it
up to send a keypress to the screensaver when you press a (or any) button on
the remote.  My understanding of this is that only the focused window is able
to get events from lirc... and when the screensaver cuts in it is the focused
window.  I could be wrong, might test this out later.

Cheers,
Michael