[mythtv] Question/request: mythtranscode resampled output

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 18 09:21:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've been poking around in the code trying to figure out how to do this,
but I'm just not familiar with all of the Nuppel/Lame/libavcodec stuff,
and I thought maybe someone more familiar might say 'oh, yeah, that's
easy...'

What I'd like to do is add the capability for mythtranscode to resample
the audio (I can add the support code; i.e., command line switches, etc;
it's just the actual resampling that I'm uncertain of).  I'm primarily
interested in having the output resampled when using 'raw' output from
mythtranscode, but I suppose some might find it useful (??) in a
transcoding profile as well.  Anyway, cursory examination makes me think
that currently the AudioOutput/AudioBuffer classes kind of 'no-op' the
output sample rate stuff and just assume it's the same as the input
sample rate.  Is this correct?  I'm kind of lost as to where to hook
stuff up.  If someone familiar with this code is willing to give it a
shot, I'll happily 'trade' patch efforts for some UI-type work.

-JAC