[mythtv] launching movies from mythweb - html question

Tim Harvey tharvey at alumni.calpoly.edu
Sat Oct 18 10:35:21 EDT 2003

Actually, I've tried all kinds of variants using forward slashes,
backslashes, double backslashes, etc.  I really think its some sort of
security thing in the browser.  If there were not such a security
feature what would stop someone from creating a link to a destructive
program on a users local drive?  Perhaps there is some way to disable
the security per site or something?

Try it in a local test page on your system and I think you'll see the
same results.  I could swear I used to put together pages with local
music files in this fashion.

The alternative method I'm using with the registry keys to add a
protocol handler only seems to work for IE and not Mozilla.

What I wanted was an easy way for my girlfriend to be able to launch
music and movies from mythweb on her windows box and that is working
well now.  I will post the patch and registry instructions if anyone is
interested.

Tim