[mythtv] anyone working on rationalising myth control (kbd/lirc)?

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Sat Oct 18 19:02:52 EDT 2003

Derek Atkins wrote:

>Simon Kenyon <simon at koala.ie> writes:
>

>>anybody working on a rationalisation of all this? i would be willing
>>to help - with design, code and test
>>

>A few weeks ago I sent out an open-office spreadsheet of mythtv's
>keys.txt file.  I didn't include any of the other plugins, but
>you might want to start from there to see where we are.
>
>I found that it helps me visualize the mapping from remote ->
>keybinding -> function for each "page".

i did see your message but a) wasn't concerned about keybinding when you
sent it and b) didn't have
openoffice installed.

recitifed both and i thank you for the help
it makes me even more convinced that a rationalisation would be in order
not sure how to proceed as the number of keys on my remote (34) is less
than the number of discrete
keys in live tv (the "page" with the most)

will think about what to do over the next few days
--
simon