[mythtv] debian woody & mythmusic

Matt Sullivan sullivan_mr at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 28 08:43:02 EST 2003

Hi,

I've only just joined the ML, and have only read a little from the archives
so forgive me if I'm repeating what looks like a common question

Has anyone got mythmusic running on a debian woody system?

I'm trying to compile Matt Z's mythmusic_0.11-2 source package but running
into FLAC encoder problems due to the woody libflac-dev version of 1.0.2

I can't find a debian source package for 1.0.4 anywhere so I've tried
creating a flac 1.0.4 package from the 1.0.2 debian source and 1.0.4
upstream, but it all seems too difficult. I guess I could just make / make
install from the upstream source but I don't like the idea that it will
interfere / conflict with the installed deb package.

When that failed I then started taking out flac encoder support from
mythmusic (I'll probably never use it, and I just wanted to get it going,)
but I'm growing impatient.

This is all after struggling getting mythvideo and mythtv-database to work:

The mythvideo problem was my fault. I failed to realise the make install put
the plugin in /usr/local/lib/mythtv instead of /usr/lib used by the debian
packages.

The problem I had with mythtv-database was related to the generated mysql
password containing a semi-colon. I can't remember the exact details now but
one of the setup scripts (to set the mythtv user privileges) was being
parsed incorrectly due to the semi-colon embedded within the sql.

--
Matt