[mythtv] DVB alpha-0.4

Kenneth Aafloy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Mon Sep 8 00:07:56 EDT 2003

Steele Price wrote:

> Kenneth:
>
> I am trying to make sense of tune.c
> #ifdef NEWSTRUCT
> #warning DISEQC is unimplemented for NEWSTRUCT
>
> does that mean I need to use OLDSTRUCT?  I am pretty confused so far, but
> getting there.

tune.* was abandoned in my code because it's crap.

the OLDSTRUCT driver was abandoned a long time ago.

> Our tuning is alot different that EU, we need support for Circular as well
> as Universal lnbs.  Circular specs are LOF: 11250 and still not sure about
> switch frequencies of the diseqc when used on circular stuff, some people
> use 12350 others use 0, in vdr, it's mind boggling that anyone has made any
> of this work with the total lack of reliable NA specs.

What H/L (18/13 V) actually sets is the voltage output on the cable,
and Right Circular is 18V / Left Circular is 13V, IIRC.

The Diseqc support for just a switch should be fairly simple to implement,
maximum a couple o' lines of code.

> Do you have any docs on any of this dvb code?  Even preliminaries so I can
> follow where you are going with it and we can get on the same page would
> help.

There are docs here and there:
http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/linux-dvb-api-1.0.0.pdf

www.etsi.org (search for dvb)