[mythtv] How to edit the gui? (And some profile related stuff)

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Sep 9 08:49:44 EDT 2003

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 01:25:02 -0700, "Bruce Markey bjm-at-lvcm.com
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <2obvhk58d70t at sneakemail.com> said:
> Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:

> Not at all. That would be a function of the ranking. I made
> a change a few weeks back to make sure the highest ranked show
> gets the first card. If you prefer your PVR-250 and set it up as
> card 1 the highest show will always get the PVR-250.
Ahh, I didn't look into how the cards  were initially enumerated as to
how it currently chooses a card.  That simplifies things somewhat.  I am
open to doing things your way (similar to my original plan).  However,
after looking at it more thoroughly, it means throwing away everything
I've done so far (my current code deals with profiles during scheduling,
this method doesn't require the scheduler to be involved (it just picks
the best card it can), so the profile-selector moves into the recording
code).  But I might as well try to get a consensus before I submit
anything.
    However, it means that the current code which allows for specifiying
    a profile per host won't work anymore.  Anyone using that feature
    will need to modify their profiles by hand.  I think this would be
    one of the first times that upgrading mythtv would mandate redoing
    the setup, and that may not be acceptable.  On the other hand, I'm
    not sure that anyone knows about that feature, or is using it.
    I think I'll hold off on doing any more and see if I get any more
    feedback.  Besides, I still need a primer on how to do the GUI
    coding, no matter which way I go.

.Geoff