[mythtv] Re:Channel change speed

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Fri Sep 12 10:34:47 EDT 2003

I'm using ext3.

After looking into the "alternate" channel change scripts, I realized that
yes the only differences was the sleep time, and only necessary if you're
using an IR blaster I think.  I'm using a serial control and using it
manually the channel change on the receiver is seemingly immediate.

I also noticed, & timed, that going to the menu/program guide takes just as
long (4 secs).  I'm guessing here that the buffer is also being torn down in
preparation for scaled down video for the live preview on the guide?  I
wanted to look at the code last night but I spent what time I had getting
ivtv CVS, new kernel, & testing my VIA chipset (which btw, good results so
far... fingers crossed!)

- Willy