[mythtv] Wintry Mix ?

Tobias Blomberg blomman at ludd.luth.se
Mon Sep 15 02:55:46 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm in the middle of the translation of MythWeather trying to figure out how
to translate all weather terms. I think I have got most of them right. Just
some questions:

* What kind of weather is "Wintry Mix" ?  Is it snow/rain mixed ?

* Does "Sct" stand for "Scattered" ?

* What is "Flurries" ?  Isn't that something you buy at McDonald's ?  No,
seriously, it has something to do with winds, doesn't it ?

* T-Storms is the same as Thunderstorms, isn't it ?

* An expression like "Snow to Rain", does that mean that the weather is slowly
changing between Snow and Rain ?  First it snows for a while and then it will
shift into rain ?

* Smoke ?  Is that some kind of fog ?  Smog ?

* What can I expect when the forcast says "Ice" ?  Does that mean that there
are going to be ice on the roads or do ice come down from the sky, like hail
?

My weather-english (especially) obviously need improvement.

Best regards,
Tobias