[mythtv] FileSystem to use for Myth (was Re:Channel change sp eed)

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Mon Sep 15 23:38:10 EDT 2003

Boyd II, Willy wrote:

>Does anyone here have any experience using it with
>heavy load, for instance with Mythtv?

I assume Renchi has.

I also use XFS for almost all of my filesystems (ext3 for OS
partitions). I haven't noticed speed penalities in comparison to ext2,
it's maybe even faster.

I also use it for the recording partition for MythTV. I have no
problems. Channel changes are relatively fast (<1s, I'd guess). My TV
card (in case it's relevant) is a Terratec Cinergy 400 (an SAA7134 with
PAL tuner) internal tuning.

Deleting is fast. rm bla.nuv returns within a fraction of a second (in
case that's any measure).

Ben