[mythtv] mythtranscode memory leak

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Sep 16 01:27:49 EDT 2003

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:52:49 -0700, "Chris Petersen
lists-at-forevermore.net |mythtv/1.0-Allow|"
<o8f8hesx3k0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> > > I'm running nuvexport to convert some old RTJpeg and MPEG-4 recordings
> > > to SVCD.  No idea at this time where to look for the leak, but I thought
> > > i'd mention it.
> > Don't use the --fifosync option.
>
> actually, he has to if he's using nuvexport (plus, it's NOT using this
> option that causes the big buffers)...    how old is your copy of
> myth?   there are versions of mythtranscode that don't have the fifosync
> option.
>
> -CHris

The only time this should happen is if you DON't use fifosync (or you
don't have a mythtranscode that supports it...see 'mythtranscode --help'
to see if it is availiable.  It isn't leaking memory, it is allocating
buffers to prevent a deadlock.     I guess the easy answer is, make sure
you know what you are doing when using mythtranscode from the command
line.
If your version of mythtranscdoe does have '--fifosync' then let me know,
and I'll look into it.

.Geoff