[mythtv] problems with 'xbox hardware' option in cvs

Kirby Vandivort kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 17 10:13:55 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 06:36:03PM -0400, Michael Greb wrote:
> Kirby Vandivort said:
> > Anyhoo...  I've tracked the bug down to 'blink'  I am guessing that
> > gentoox handles blink differently than Ed's.  When I kill mythfronted
> > remotely after it has locked up, blink seems to be running.
> >
> > On gentoox blink asks for a 4 letter code for running, startup, shutdown
> > etc., and I get the feeling that mythfrontend is hanging while blink is
> > waiting for user input in the background.
> >
> > So, that's the bug report, if you need more details, let me know.
>
> Thank you very much for the feedback!
>
> Did you select the GentooX option in the setup?  GentooX has a bash script

Do you mean the setup from within mythtv?  If so, I told it that I
'had xbox hardware'.  Then, the setup showed an additional circle for
xbox settings, but when I selected it, nothing happened (ie., the screen
didn't change, it stayed on the normal settings page, and I could cursor
around to the other setup circles).  I'm not in front of my xbox right
now, so I'll investigate the XboxBlinkBin when I get home again.