[mythtv] dc10+ capture problems

Henry Culver henry at culcon.com
Wed Sep 17 19:32:28 EDT 2003

I've just installed mythtv-0.11 on a mandrake 9.1 system and am having some
trouble getting video capture to work with my dc10+ card.  I am using
the unified zoran driver from cvs and can use lavrec to capture video,
but from mythtv I get:

VIDIOCMCAPTURE0: Invalid argument

/var/log/messages yields:

Sep 17 16:27:54 remus kernel: DC10plus[0]: ioctl VIDIOCMCAPTURE frame=1 geom=480
x480 fmt=15
Sep 17 16:27:54 remus kernel: DC10plus[0]: Wrong bytes-per-pixel format
Sep 17 16:27:54 remus kernel: DC10plus[0]: v4l_sync: Attempt to sync on a buffer
 which was not queued?

a quick search of the FAQ and recent mail archives has not helped.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not very familiar with this stuff, but my
observations are:

Problem seems to be in libmythtv/NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp or the zoran
driver.

The driver doesn't seem to directly support YUV420P and format2bpp is
returning 0 (maybe the card doesn't support YUV420P).

anyone been down this path before who might be able to save me some time?

-Thanx in advance
-Henry Culver
-henry at culcon.com