[mythtv] Re: dc10+ capture problems

William Riley riley at randdtechnologies.com
Thu Sep 18 08:44:46 EDT 2003

>VIDIOCMCAPTURE0: Invalid argument
>
>/var/log/messages yields:
>
>Sep 17 16:27:54 remus kernel: DC10plus[0]: ioctl VIDIOCMCAPTURE frame=1
>geom=480
>x480 fmt=15
>Sep 17 16:27:54 remus kernel: DC10plus[0]: Wrong bytes-per-pixel format
>Sep 17 16:27:54 remus kernel: DC10plus[0]: v4l_sync: Attempt to sync on a > >
> buffer
> which was not queued?

>a quick search of the FAQ and recent mail archives has not helped.

I had trouble setting up my DC10 (MJPEG) with the current CVS version until I
manually copied the mythtv/setup/setup executable to
/usr/local/bin/mythtv-setup. For some reason make install did not do this, it
only copied a setup.xml file. Once I manually copied the new setup file and
ran it, I could select the proper card type for my DC10 in the capture card
section and resetup my recording profiles in mythfrontend setup. So if you
are running the CVS version then you might check that.

Regards,
William

--
William L Riley