[mythtv] RFC: MythPopupMenu

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Thu Sep 18 17:09:53 EDT 2003

Edward Wildgoose wrote:

>>If all myth keyboard actions are defined in such a popup menu, that can
>>tailer it to his needs and to suit his remote. It should even be
>>possible to control myth with only the cursor keys, a menu key and the
>>activation key.
>>

>I think this is an excellent idea.  It would be really nice to be able to do *everything* using only a remote control even if you don't have enough buttons.  It would also be useful for helping users work out what *is* possible in a certain screen, rather then having to consult keys.txt or reading the docs thoroughly.
>
>However, it should be an "as well as", not an "instead of".  I suspect that lots of people just use a keyboard and prefer to be able to just press the right keys.
>
>Look forward to seeing it fly

Well this thread was made because of the patch I sent in that gives the
Watch en Delete Recordings a popup menu that contains all the available
functionality for those pages.

So I'll ask what I asked in that thread: are there any other parts of
Myth(TV) that you think need this kind of dialog? If so, let me know and
I'll see if I have time to make similar popups for those parts as well.

Cheers,
 -Tako