[mythtv] changes to CVS for selecting 'profile'

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Sep 18 17:22:37 EDT 2003

Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> I don't think the latest changes to CVS for modifying profiles on the
> advanced screen are correct.  profiles need to be passed by name instead
> of by number.  The code as I originally sent it did that, so it should
> have worked.

Sorry. Unfortunately, it did not work and was "royally broken" ;-).
Choosing any name in the spinbox would set record.profile to "0"
and the titles where I tried to change the profile all recorded
with the Default parameters. This change seemed to be consistent
with the "else" half of the function where the two args to
addSelection are a string and a string of an id integer.

>  however, I think I forgot to change the database to allow
> setting a string rather than a number.

That explains it. record.profile had been (and still was) an
integer and my change would set the integer as I was expecting.
Further, it showed the correct profile name when I returned to
the page. It seemed like a little one line 'opps' that could
easily be fixed.

> This patch should be reverted, and something like:
> alter table record profile profile varchar(128)
> should be added to the db.

Thanks for taking care of this. It was broken last night and
it seemed like such a simple thing. Still, I should have sent
a description of the problem and let you look into it.

My apologies,

--  bjm