[mythtv] How to submit some code?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 19 11:00:51 EDT 2003

[snip]

> By the way, can some of you core developers tell me what
> environment you use to develop with?  Are you using Qt Designer?
> I couldn't get it to work very good with the code that I got out
> of CVS.  I would love to have some IDE that would allow me to
> pull all of the projects into a master solution (if you guys
> don't mind me using dotnet lingo).  Is that possible?  I'm not
> asking for hand holding, just some links to docs and some ideas
> that might same me some frustration.  I would also like to know
> how I can set breakpoints (graphically?) so that I can step
> through the code.

Not that I'm a 'core' developer by any stretch of the imagination, but for
myself (and I believe the 'core' developers are similar in this respect),
the preferred environment is <your favorite text editor> plus a terminal
window.  I've seen a few people talk about using KDevelop as well.  As far
as graphical debuggers go, there are a bunch of GUI wrappers around gdb that
you might try; I think most just use the command line.

-JAC