[mythtv] Re: Re: Re:Shutdown option on main menu patch...

Trey Ethridge tale at juno.com
Sat Sep 20 16:20:25 EDT 2003

I think that it being in the mainmenu.xml file commented out is a good compromise.  That way the user can see it and add it easily if they want it.

One last thing though.  This is definitely Isaac's original concept, but now it's an open source project.  With that comes differing opinions and wishes.  I think that since this project contains more than one person's code, that more than one person should have say in the direction that the project goes.  The popular opinion should be given a fair chance.  The kernel works that way.  When a command decision needs to be made, Linus can make it, otherwise they (the other developers) get to voice their opinions and usually the majority rules.  If this project is only going to be ran by one person, then I'm sure someone will branch the code.  I'm not saying I will, just that it's probable and I don't think that is a good thing.  I'm not trying to disrespect you Isaac, I just would prefer letting users vote on issues like these.  I'll get off my soap box now.  :)

-- tale