[mythtv] Point of 1007 db update?

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Sep 20 21:13:20 EDT 2003

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:40:43 -0400, "Isaac Richards ijr-at-po.cwru.edu
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <e6kbhbk35r0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> On Saturday 20 September 2003 09:09 am, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> > Isaac,
> >      What is the point of the 1007 db update?  if it didn't get created,
> >      the user is in serious trouble, as they won't have any profiles.
> >      Seems to me that you should modify the 1004-1005 conversion to
> >      remove the ','.  If you really want to keep 1007, you need to check
> >      the return code, and conditionally insert all the recording-prifile
> >      records.  I think you'd be better off just making 1007 a NOP though.
> >       Checking for error codes would have made this easier :)
>
> Yeah, well, too late now =)  1007 _is_ a nop if you have the table
> already.  I
> should have re-inserted the profile names and stuff, I'll do that for
> 1008.
> Idea was that people using mysql 3.x wouldn't have gotten that table
> inserted, so...
It's not really too late.  If you just fix the ',' in 1005, then anyone
who hasn't upgraded yet will be fine.  For everyone else, they are
already broken, so it shouldn't really be a problem.  So there is really
no reason to duplicate the 1005 stuff as 1008, as people have either 'a'
already fixed their db after upgrading to CVS, or 'b' haven't upgraded
yet (those people who are waiting for 0.12).

But whatever.

.Geoff