[mythtv] 'recommendations' patch 3

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Sep 22 23:02:12 EDT 2003

Chris Pinkham wrote:
>>This patch is a third draft of a 'recommendations' section for
>>myth.
>

> I'm getting an error trying to apply this patch but don't see what
> the problem is.  Maybe I'm too sleepy.  Did you hand-edit the patch
> file or anything?  Here's what I'm seeing:
>
> $ patch -p0 < /home/cpinkham/download/mythtv/patches/tmp/recommend.patch
> patching file libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 172 with fuzz 1 (offset 1 line).
> patching file libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.pro
> patching file libs/libmythtv/remoteutil.cpp
> patching file libs/libmythtv/remoteutil.h
> patching file libs/libmythtv/scheduledrecording.cpp
> patching file libs/libmythtv/scheduledrecording.h
> patching file programs/mythbackend/mainserver.cpp
> patch: **** malformed patch at line 271: Index: programs/mythbackend/mainserver.h

Chris, I had the exact same error and a similar error with
Kirby's earlier patch. I don't see what would confuse "patch"
so I assumed it was an anomaly.

Anyway, I got around this by editing out the last hunk for
mainserver.cpp which is the "HandleGetRecommendedRecordings"
piece. The patch applied cleanly then I manually edited
mainserver.cpp to add in HandleGetRecommendedRecordings.

Also, check out "patch --dry-run" for help with debugging.

--  bjm