[mythtv] "global" keys?

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Wed Sep 24 14:10:59 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 01:01 pm, Renchi Raju wrote:

> the eventfilter object is to be created in the core mythfrontend
> and every module, say mythmusic, has this eventfilter installed on
> itself and then all keypresses go to the core eventfilter object
> first (i.e to the core mythfrontend), which decides whether to
> ignore it or deal with it.

	Hey, that's fine in principal. But if you look at the plugin
architecture, you'll see that the execution method precludes this.
You could have a little thread at the core to do this, although that
would be fraught with problems as threads that touch GUI elements are
a bad thing.

	I'm not saying this is impossible. I'm just saying it's not going to
get solved with a simple keyPress() hierarchy.

- thor