[mythtv] "Allow recording even if duplicate episode" is ignored?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 24 17:11:02 EDT 2003

"Joseph A. Caputo" <jcaputo1 at comcast.net> writes:

> For a program to be considered a duplicate, it must match 'title',
> 'subtitle' (episode) and 'description' EXACTLY.  If any of them are blank,
> Myth assumes that there is no way to differentiate between shows and assumes
> that they're all unique.

Ahh, I see.  How unfortunate.

In my case the title and subtitle are exactly the same, but the
description is empty.  It would be nice if there were a setting to get
it to ignore empty descriptions.  That way I could get it to treat the
programs the same if title + subtitle match exactly (and both
descriptions are empty).

How hard do you think it would be to add this?

> -JAC

-derek