[mythtv] "Allow recording even if duplicate episode" is ignored?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 24 17:51:00 EDT 2003

"Joseph A. Caputo" <jcaputo1 at comcast.net> writes:

> I'd actually thought about that myself... adding the option to toggle each
> of the 3 fields (title, subtitle, description) on/off for duplicate
> determination.  I'd like to add it to the Advanced Recording screen, so you
> could select the duplicate criteria on a per-recording basis.  But that
> screen is pretty full, and I didn't feel like monkeying with the layout or
> adding another page.  Shouldn't really be too hard, though.  The other end
> of it would be modifying the SQL query (queries?) that finds programs to
> record & determines duplicates; I'd like someone a little more well-versed
> in SQL to take a look at that.  Overall, though, it should be very doable.

I don't think you need to turn it off for title.  I'm not sure about
subtitle, but I can certainly be convinced.

I agree that the Advanced Recording Options page is a bit full, but I
don't know what to do about that.  I also want to eventually add a
checkbox there for "only record shows marked as 'non-repeat'", which
would take up even more screen real-estate.

Perhaps we need a second 'Advanced' page?

> -JAC

-derek