[mythtv] "Allow recording even if duplicate episode" is ignored?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 24 18:29:37 EDT 2003

Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> writes:

> > One would _assume_ that the programs are duplicates if they match? To me
> > the above sounds like a duplicate. Both descriptions are empty and the
> > titles and subtitle are the same unless I'm missing some subtle thing
> > somewhere.
>
> same title and subtitl, with no description would most likely be a
> duplicate (but I'm sure there will be many exceptions)..

This assumption would be good enough for me..  But it's not what's
currently happening :(

Just changing the logic to ignore empty description would solve my
immediate needs.

>     but same title
> and description with no subtitle happens all the time for different
> shows.

Agreed.

> What we really need is the new xmltv that has episode number support.
> and tv listings that display the info.

Heh.  Yea, that would be nice.

> -Chris

-derek