[mythtv] "Allow recording even if duplicate episode" is ignored?

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Sep 25 09:50:40 EDT 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:34:15 -0400, "Joseph A. Caputo
jcaputo1-at-comcast.net |mythtv/1.0-Allow|"
> I don't consider it going 'overboard' if it gives me the ability to
> always
> have it 'do the right thing'.  Some series I record always have a
> subtitle
> but no (or the same) description, and others always have a unique
> description
> but no (or the same) episode title.  Rather than forcing me to accept
> someone
> else's idea of what constitutes a duplicate, I think a UI to allow me to
> choose the behavior makes the most sense.  The Advanced Recording screen
> is
> the ideal place, as it's meant for folks you want that extra level of
> control.  Those that want as simple a GUI as possible should use the
> standard
> recording screen.
Well, there is an easy solution to this.  Myth isn't designed by
committee.  Write some code, and submit it.  If Isaac likes it, it goes
in.  If not, he'll either give you feedback on how to make it acceptable,
or he'll tell you he doesn't like the idea.  In any of the above cases,
you have code that works for you, regardless of what he thinks.  It is
rare to convince someone else to write code for you, especially for
obscure features, and endless discussion is unlikely to help.

.Geoff