[mythtv] Live TV is slow

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Fri Sep 26 09:33:26 EDT 2003

> Just compiled the newest CVS and after trying, Live TV is slow. Audio is
> too slow (people sound like a robots), but it is in sinc with the video,
> so I assume everything got slowed down.

I discovered the same thing with my PVR-250 machine.  Fix: go into the
Recording Profiles setup in Setup, then alter the PVR-250 profiles for
Default and Live TV.  Ensure that you change the Codec type to MPEG-2,
and on the audio page change from MP3 to the MPEG-2 Audio, 48000Khz
sample rate.

That's what fixed it for me.  Now, I have to convince the wife that
"Survivor" in slow-mo was what I intended all along!