[mythtv] Stretching to 16:9 ?

Mon Sep 29 13:54:41 EDT 2003

> > Hello Kristof,
> >
> > Have  you  tried  the  strange widescreen mode thingie that's a fix for BBCs DVB
> > broadcasts?  Check keys.txt, and I guess you need the CVS, think it got in after
> > 0.11.
> >

> Does this fix broadcasts that are what me and my flat-mates would call
> "4:3 broadcast in widescreen", i.e. when you have black bars all round a
> picture?

Sadly not.  I'm not quite sure what the point of the new mode in CVS is?  It appears (at least on my system) to only offer a mode to stretch the picture to full height, but without altering the width.

So for the funny PAL DVB broadcasts I now see black bars left and right, and everyone is stretched tall and thin...  The code doesn't seem to change the width and effectively zoom into the center of the black rectangle.  Is this intended behaviour?  Happy to try and dig in and add a third mode, but I wasn't sure if this other mode was being used by someone else at the moment?

Ed