[mythtv] Feature Proposal, pitch-corrected fast play

Tim Harvey tharvey at alumni.calpoly.edu
Tue Sep 30 10:52:13 EDT 2003

Personally I would like to see the ability to FF at rates of 2X, 4X, 8X,
16X, 100X incrementally (I don't even want audio while fast forwarding)
which is how a lot of DVD players work.  I have yet to find a software
DVD player that does this... they all seem to push pitch adjusted audio
and/or have maximum playback rates of 2X or so because they don't skip
frames (I-frames only I imagine), they just try to decode faster.

Tim