[mythtv] Feature Proposal, pitch-corrected fast play

Tue Sep 30 19:40:28 EDT 2003

I think this would be an excellent feature.  I'm trying to learn sign language at the moment, and having the option to slow down the action while keeping the sound would be excellent!!

Have you looked at the "trick play" feature?  This does basically what you want, but without the sound

As an aside, would there be any objections to making the trick-play effect the default for normal fast forward / Rewind?  I assume there could be a CPU load objection perhaps?  Seems that it would be extremely cool have normal fast/rewind work as a preset high speed trick play mode? (rather than the frame jump mode at present)

Ed W

-----Original Message-----
From: D Banerjee [mailto:davatar at comcast.net]
Sent: 30 September 2003 17:25
To: mythtv-dev at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv] Feature Proposal, pitch-corrected fast play

I want to create function to have pitch-corrected audio and smooth video at
rates other than 1X, i.e .5X,.75X,1.5X, 2X. ATI's mmc has this feature and
it is quite useful (although theirs is broken). This shouldn't be too hard
for software playback, as you can just change the framerate, but for
hardware decoders some mangling of the video might need to be done, which
may in the end be not possible, or just undesireable.

So questions to you:
1. Anyone working on it currently?
2. Opinions, comments?, especially on pvr-350 out.

Thanks,
Dave