[mythtv] [bug] mythweb update pre/post rolls?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Apr 6 20:18:37 EDT 2004

> Speaking of pre/post rolls, there are two places to set these.
> the global setting, and then the advanced recording setting.

Check the list archives for more details.  Only one of these (the global
one) is pre/post roll..  the others are named start-early and end-late.
The difference is that the start-early/end-late values actually modify
the recording start and end times (ie. can cause conflicts) whereas the
pre/postroll settings are optional and only take effect if there isn't
anything conflicting.

There's some other technical difference, but I forget what it is.  The
authors really wanted to get rid of the idea of preroll/postroll because
these two settings were so confusing.

Anyway, to answer your question, preroll/postroll is ON TOP OF
start-early/end-late.

-Chris