[mythtv] Too many connections to database

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Wed Apr 7 18:50:21 EDT 2004

Yesterday, when running the backend under gdb, I suddenly noticed this
message repeatedly displaying right before shutting down:

Unable to open db connect: screen1353746303386
2004-04-07 21:34:41 2       OK
Unable to connect to database!
Driver error was [1/1040]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
Database error was:
Too many connections

Curiously, I didn't notice anything not work that should have worked,
but this message looked kind-of-serious looking...

I run "netstat --tcp" to find out how many connections were open, it
didn't occur to me until today that they connections aren't TCP
connections :-(; the connections are via the Unix socket.

Is there some sort of socket leak? Or could this be a problem when
running the backend under gdb? I have never seen this message before.

I restarted the backend (not mysql) and everything was fine again.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>