[mythtv] [patch] MythVideo patch for additional substitution

Kevin Kuphal kevin.kuphal at myrealbox.com
Wed Apr 7 22:13:52 EDT 2004

This patch adds an additional substitution to the MythVideo player option:
%d

When %d is present, the default player command will be substituted.  This
will make it easy to create custom player commands that extend the default
command by adding a few switches.  To avoid any problems with the %s
substitution, if %d is present and both the default and the custom command
contain %s, the %s will be stripped from the default assuming the custom has
taken this into account.  There is an example in the code comments.

I didn't have a chance to test this since I'm not running the latest CVS but
it seemed simple enough that it should work.  I have a number of kids videos
that I've recorded that need some cropping commands but it seemed a pain to
have to retype the entire default command in for each custom command when
all I'm doing is adding a switch or two.  This should address that scenario.

Kevin