[mythtv] Frontend dying on aspect ratio change

Christian Hack christianh at edmi.com.au
Thu Apr 8 08:34:09 EDT 2004

Ed,

I played it at least 5 times in a row on my machine with no issues
whatsoever. I just fudged an entry in my DB and created an appropriately
fudged filename. This is what I saw in my logs:

Input #0, mpeg, from
'/mnt/store/recorded/2028_20040408000000_20040408001000.nuv':
  Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg2video, 704x576, 25.00 fps
  Stream #0.1: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 192 kb/s
2004-04-08 22:28:36 Opening OSS audio device '/dev/dsp'.
2004-04-08 22:28:36 Audio fragment size: 4096
2004-04-08 22:28:36 Using XV port 103
2004-04-08 22:28:36 Changing from None to WatchingPreRecorded
2004-04-08 22:28:49 prebuffering pause
Unknown conversion
2004-04-08 22:28:49 GetNextFreeFrame() served a busy frame. Dropping.
#Frames=30/31.
[mpeg2video @ 0x406a45b4]ac-tex damaged at 28 3
[mpeg2video @ 0x406a45b4]concealing errors
[mpeg2video @ 0x406a45b4]Warning MVs not available

The "Unknown conversion ... GetNextFreeFrame" bit occurs during the blank
between the channel promo and the show i.e. when the aspect ratio changes.

The last 3 corruption lines appear to be just due to you cutting up the
MPEG2 stream.

For the record,  I am running CVS from about Apr 4  17:50 (GMT+10). I
exclusively use DVB-T but we don't have aspect ratio changes at all here in
Australia. They just broadcast 4:3 recorded programs inside a 16:9 frame
forcing me to use the zoom function, which is no problem in reality.

It played over and over in the preview screen with no problems.

It also played using the Windows filters with no problems.

What else could I do to break it?

CH