[mythtv] Video as time base stopped working on EPIA with recent CVS

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Fri Apr 9 07:50:04 EDT 2004

Op vrijdag 9 april 2004 13:28, schreef Darren:
> Hi,
>
> I would like some help with the following problem. The "Video as
> timebase" option has stopped working on my Nehemia EPIA frontend box.
> This problem started when I updated from a CVS version taken on the 29th
> March to an updated CVS version taken on 6th April.

Are you:

1) Sure it really worked before? The dev of this thing told me it only works
with nVidia cards. Possinly you ran it on it's primary fallback method.
2) You still run the frontend as root? As since the thing can only acces the
vsync info as root, and can only relyably fall-back to precise timeing
information by the kernel as root. As a normal user it will fall back to
using usleep(), which would be (and is) crap.

	Henk Poley <><