[mythtv] Frontend dying on aspect ratio change

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Apr 9 18:43:31 EDT 2004

Ed Wildgoose wrote:

> The following snippet from one of my recordings *usually* kills the
> frontend at the point the aspect ratio changes from 16:9 to 4:3 (just
> as Friends starts)
>
> http://www.wildgooses.com/downloads/duff.nuv   (around 7Mb and FWIW:
> it came from a dvb-t device)

Aha, I have managed to trace this to the kerneldeint filter!!  If
someone else could just repro this for me, please download the above
file, in the Setup |  TV Settings |  Playback option, add "kerneldeint"
as your filter option.  Then try "mythtv duff.nuv" - I think this should
reliably die now.

I also managed to get a bt which dies in mmx_yuv2rgb - I will try and
repro a few more times and see if I can narrow it down a little more.
However, I'm pretty sure that I am getting close now.  It's something in
the filter functions I think

Thanks to all who tested the above file

Ed W