[mythtv] HDTV patches

Wed Apr 14 16:32:03 EDT 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:

> I've updated my patches so the work against the latest CVS.
>
> No real change in functionality, except the hdtv-playback patch now lets
> you disable frame skipping, or tune it to work with your system. The
> signal check threshold can also be set by the user, but the ui for it is
> in the playback patch for now.

Hey Daniel,

I noticed that the frontend spits out message along the lines of "frame skip
ratio", or some such.  I assumed that this message was part of your code,
and indicated a need to skip frames to "keep up".

However, I also see these message from mythcommflag.  Why would the
commercial skipping detector need to skip frames to "keep up"?

I use your patches, but do not currently have XvMC enabled.  Even with your
patches, enabling XvMC causes my output to studder more than with out it.
Do I not have something configured right?

Thanks for all the work you have put into this.

John