[mythtv] [patch] dvb cam fixes

Kenneth Aafl°y ke-aa at frisurf.no
Thu Apr 15 13:16:04 EDT 2004

On Thursday 15 April 2004 18:38, Anders Hanson wrote:
> Kenneth Aafl°y wrote:
> >On Thursday 15 April 2004 00:12, Anders Hanson wrote:
> > > This happens with the regular DVB-C box (ComHem) that i have.
> > > Sometimes I get a red box telling me that I don't have
> > > persmissions to watch the channel. In this case just change
> > > to another channel  and back and everything is OK. This should
> > > work with MythTV also.
> >
> > So basically it's a broken CAM, won't ComHem supply you with a new CAM?
>
> I don't think this is a broken CAM. I think it is because ComHem is
> running  dual layer of encryptions! The CAM is using conax coding
> imbedded in viaccess encryption.

I highly doubt Conax and ViaAccess would allow such combination of their
products, where did you aquire this information?

> The red box of 'No Right' is not a very common experience, I have only
> seen a couple of times, maybe four times in  this year. I just used it
> to explain what I think is the probler solution.

Well, it certainly is a problem somewhere. And given the fact that other CAMs
behave properly, as far as I know. Then the problem either must be that the
CAM is not following the specification made by ETSI or that ComHem sends the
CAM information in some wired form. You could send me a copy of the PMT for
the offending channel(s), and I'll have a look.

--

Kenneth Aafl°y
ke-aa at frisurf.no