[mythtv] Use callsign for scheduling

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Fri Apr 16 03:29:31 EDT 2004

On Friday 16 April 2004 03:25, Bruce Markey wrote:
[snip]
> I assume you mean your assumptions about what you assume I'm
> assuming even though I was assuming that you weren't going to
> assume that I was making false assumptions. What I'm saying
> is that if you were to get up from your computer and take a
> walk around your neighborhood, you would see lots of people
> that have no idea what MythTV is but every single one of them
> knows with the "BBC" is!
to add another data point here
the BBC broadcast in the UK and Northern Ireland
they also broadcast via satellite

they have a station called BBC1
everyone knows it as BBC1
except in each region of the UK they have variations
so you have BBC1 Scotland and BBC1 Northern Ireland
they also broadcast these variations via satellite

except - big except

the schedules on terrestrial and satellite can vary
so BBC1 (Northern Ireland) received via cable (from which i get the
terrerstrial signal because the transmitter is 180 miles north of here) is
sometimes different from the signal that i get from satellite

to my knowledge there are no callsigns in Europe
the various BBC radio stations used to have callsigns before the second world
war, but they have not used them in 50 years

just adding this (potentially incorrect) information into the mix

regards
--
simon
ps what this system needs is some documentation - were not the boys in AU