[mythtv] Use callsign for scheduling

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Fri Apr 16 14:08:48 EDT 2004

On Friday 16 April 2004 15:42, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
[snip]
> > the schedules on terrestrial and satellite can vary
> > so BBC1 (Northern Ireland) received via cable (from which i get the
> > terrerstrial signal because the transmitter is 180 miles north of
> > here) is sometimes different from the signal that i get from
> > satellite
>
> This is fine; enter whatever you want for callsigns.  For instance, if
> "BBC 1 (Northern Ireland)" on satellite shares the same program
> schedule as that received over cable, then you could enter "BBC 1 NI"
> as the callsign for both, and Myth would then know that it could record
> a particular program from either source.  If, however, they have
> different programs schedules, then make 2 different callsigns:  "BBC 1
> NI Sat" and "BBC 1 NI Cbl", and Myth will know that they do not share a
> program schedule.

but now we are in the realm of manufacturing callsigns
i though bruce was promoting the idea that they were globally assigned and
unique. fine i accept that i can make them up (and indeed i have).

i was just really pointing out that the myth world extends beyond the US and
that assumptions about how things work there need to be augmented and
enhanced with non-US experiences.

and as they sometimes say: "we now return to our regular programming"

--
simon