[mythtv] Watch/Delete Recordings

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun Apr 18 13:31:55 EDT 2004

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

>1.  Eliminates the Delete Recordings Screen

Though it's redundant to some extent, you don't need to use it.  If you
don't want to see it remove it from your xml files.

>2.  Changes the action for SELECT from PLAY to INFO

So now we have to press select twice to play a recording?  Bad idea
IMO.  Though the I do like the right arrow bringing up the info menu, so
much so that I've been working on an "arrow acceleration" patch that
allows for that and other additional behaviors.

>3.  Change Watch Recordings to Manage Recordings or something similar

This is nothing more than changing your menu xml file...

>4.  Adds a textual indicator of disk space available to the Manage
>Recordings Screen.  I'd actually like to see this as a "x hours of record
>time available at Default recording profile" instead of the disk space
>totals since I'm always doing conversions anyways to see how many hours I
>have.

As long as it's done via a theme element sure.

>In addition, it seems to me that the only place I can go to edit my list of
>recordings is the Recording Priorities screen.  Having one place to
>watch/delete/manage seems advantageous to me from a usability standpoint.  I
>think there is an opportunity to collapse that screen into this Management
>screen by doing:

Management of recordings and management of the recording schedule are
two separate things.  Why mix them?

>I think also then we should move the Program Guide to the main TV menu under
>Watch TV as a default and then the Schedule Recordings is devoted to the
>program search, manual records, and fixing schedule conflicts.

So the program guide for scheduling recordings is moved out of the
schedule recordings area and into the main TV section?

>I know from my own viewing habits this would save extensive keypresses and
>activity.  If there is interest in such a patch, I can attempt such a
>change.

A lot of this sounds like you'd simply be adjusting the various menu XML
files.  You could just package this all up with some graphics and
release it as a theme once .15 comes out.