[mythtv] MyThTV and DVB

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Tue Apr 20 18:35:24 EDT 2004

> I am tryng to compile mythtv 0.14 with 2.6.5 kernel. I downloaded
> yesterday Mythtv, and - yes!!! - it seems what I was looking for :)
>
> My goal was to build a software to turn a linux box into a DVD / VCD/ DIVX
> / XVID / MP3 player, DVB-s / DVB-t tuner, and so on... in other words
> MythTV. So discovered MythTV...
>
> However....
>
> I have got this error

<-.. snip .. ->

> It seems DVB headers are changed. Do you know something more?
>
> Regards,
>
> Miguel_______________________________________________
> mythtv-dev mailing list
> mythtv-dev at mythtv.org

Miguel,

It looks like you have included the kernel source path as the location of
the DVB drivers in your settings.pro file. This causes problems! The best
thing to do is copy the drivers from the source tree to another location,
and then include them from there.

You might like to check out Martin Smith's Myth/DVB guide (espeically the
2.6 kernel section) at:-

http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb.html

Cheers,

Jon